[GE users] Local configuration file

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu Sep 2 15:04:02 BST 2004

John

> Starting execd on slave nodes, using 6.0u1,
> I am getting the following in the messages file:
>
> 09/02/2004 08:55:00|execd|node001|W|local configuration
> node001.beowulf.cluster not defined - using global configuration
>

> However, there is a file in $SGE_ROOT/default/common/local_conf
> called node001.beowulf.cluster
> Its contents are:
> conf_version              0
> mailer                    /bin/mail
> xterm                     /usr/bin/X11/xterm
> qlogin_daemon             /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
> rlogin_daemon             /usr/sbin/in.rlogind
> execd_spool_dir           /var/spool/sge

How do you install the execd? via "install_execd" fro mthe host?

Most likely the execd reports its own name as the short name, while qmaster
just has the long name.

What does

   qconf -sel|grep node001

return? Long or short name?

Is that queue instance for that host in unknown state?

Looks like you have more than one host - no problems wit hthe other hosts?

Please cross check about the result of the command

    <sge_root>/utilbin/<arch>/gethostname

on the local exec nodes.

> Is there any other magic incantation I need?

Andy