[GE users] Another shell for qtcsh

John Ross jhr at fenks.org
Thu Sep 2 21:28:32 BST 2004

I would like to avoid using qsh if possible however.

I know I can put an entire login session into the grid, however I like the
ability of qtcsh to put specific commands into the grid.

This means I can control when/where my users run the large commands, but
I don't interfere with people simply using the same shell to read reports.

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Chris Croswhite wrote:

> or you could change this globally so instead of using csh/tcsh, qsh
> would use bash
> qconf -mq <queue name>
>
> and modify the shell used.
>

> On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 12:20, John Ross wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's a way to change the shell in qtcsh from tcsh to
> > bash.
> >
> > I have a number of users who run some a number large processes. I would
> > like to use the features of qtcsh, but my users are familiar with bash -
> > and I don't want to have them setup their environments again and get used
> > to a new shell.
> >
> > At the same time, I would rather not have to have them use qsh, or qlogin.
> >
> > Is it possible to simply change the shell that qtcsh uses?

John Ross
jhr at fenks.org

There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.
	- Billboard ad for Saskatoon Restaurant
		Greenville, SC