[GE users] Another shell for qtcsh

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 3 08:45:48 BST 2004

Well, yes and no.

qtcsh actually is built from tcsh sources plus some enhancements
to provide means for starting commands found in qtask file via
Grid Engine qrsh. Thus tcsh can't be replaced.

But there is no reason for not grabbing bash sources and patch
them accordingly for getting a new qbash command. If you're
interested in investigating how tcsh is enhanced just have a
look into directory source/3rdparty/qtcsh and do a

   grep sge_ *.c

I see no reason why existing sge_ functions should not work in
a bash binary.

Regards,
Andreas