[GE users] Partitioning

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Sep 3 09:21:38 BST 2004

John,

>My question is - how do I stop ordinary non-parallel jobs executing
>in the myri.q ?
>Naively I thought of setting the qtype in myri.q to be PARALLEL
>but this doesn't work in SGE 6.

you could set the qtype to NONE.

But I think, you should also remove the Myrinet-nodes from allhosts. Otherwise
the serial jobs will use this queue and end up on the Myrinet-nodes this way.
Or (to avoid having the Myrinet nodes idling): make two serial queues with
different seqno, so that the ordinary nodes will be taken first.

Reuti