AW: [GE users] regex in complexes

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Fri Sep 3 10:17:59 BST 2004

> I took a look at the complex code and ran a few tests and it looks to me
> like your license complex idea will work if you use:
>
>     qselect -l license="*lic3*"
>
> to return the list of queues where the license string does not include
> the string lic3, and:
>
>     qsub -l license="*lic3*" ...
>
> to submit a job to any queue which is currently not using lic3.
>
> Of course, there is some lag between when the job gets started and when
> the load sensor reports the license, but I assume you already have a
> mechanism to handle that.
>
> AFAICT, both == and != work for RESTRING complex types.  The code is
> doing a shell wildcard type match between the load value string and the
> pattern argument.

Shannon,

I don't seem to be as fortunate with getting things to work.

My config:

$ qconf -sc | grep lic
license lic        RESTRING    !=    YES         NO         NONE  0

The loads are getting reported:
$ qstat -F | grep lic
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=fire7
        hl:license=0
        hl:license=fire7
        hl:license=0

But the selection seems to be a bit wonky:

$ qselect -l license="*junk*"
no queues remaining after selection

$ qselect -l license="*fire*"
no queues remaining after selection