[GE users] High and Low Priority Queues.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Sep 3 14:07:58 BST 2004

Rajeev Mishra wrote:

> 1. Is there a way I can define that on last 5 machines the effective
> number of slots are   just 2 so a machine does not accept  4 jobs at a
> time (2 from high and 2 from low).

Define a custom complex (not requestable/consumable) with a default of
one and attach it with just set to two to these exec hosts. Each job
will consume one unit, and hence you can only have a total of two jobs
on the machine (but you can't use 2. below, because the total limit is 2).

> 2. I also made low_pri queue as a subordinate queue for high_pri
> queue. It does suspend the queue when max slots are filled  in
> high_pri queue but it does not suspend running jobs on low_pri queue.
> Is this by design ? or I am missing something  here.

Yes, this is the current behavior. I filled already an issue to suspend
slots instead aof the whole subordinate queue. For now the only
workaround is to have two low_prioriry queues with one slot each, and
set the suspend to one and two in the high priority queue for each of
the low_priority queues.

Cheers - Reuti