[GE users] Equivalent to PBS

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Sep 7 16:35:57 BST 2004

I have recently changed a cluster over to using Gridengine.

I've been asked if there is an equivalent to the PBS 'ppn' submit flag,
which means 'run n processors per node'

My reply was that this is against the Gridengine philosophy - to let
the scheduler make these decisions and allocate the resources.

the best suggestion I found after a search was to create two
similar PEs. one with $round_robin and one with $fill_up
If the users wish to have control over a choice of slots per node,
they choose the appropriate PE.

Thoughts on this? I sthere an equivalent to -ppn which I have missed?