[GE users] Equivalent to PBS

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 7 16:47:27 BST 2004

>the best suggestion I found after a search was to create two
>similar PEs. one with $round_robin and one with $fill_up
>If the users wish to have control over a choice of slots per node,
>they choose the appropriate PE.

If you have applications, where you must be sure to have one or two
slots on all of the machine (like the "-mp n" in GAUSS_LFLAGS), you can
create two PEs with allocation rule 1 and 2, name them e.g. para1 and
para2. This way you can request them by name, and if it doesn't matter,
you can request para* and by looking at $PE in the jobscript you  will
know, where you ended up.

By setting them up with $fill_up and $round_robin they will blur the
setup over time I think - Reuti