Re(2): [GE users] Yet another qdel mpich problem (SGE 6.0u1)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 8 13:54:08 BST 2004

okay - here the hint on the list: please read my Howto:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/mpich-integration.html

>with tight MPICH integration this is almost surely due to
>a process in the chain did a
>
>   setpgrp()

In fact it's a setsid().

>>From an earlier similar case I recall there was a MPICH
>compile time option --enable-processgroup=no which might
>play some role.

This option is documented, but not working. I emailed already more than once to
the mentioned eMail address for bugs, but never got any answer at all (is there
any mailing list for mpich which I missed?). Also changing the signal which
mpich is using isn't working in 1.2.6 (the
--with-device=ch_p4:-listenersig=SIGUSR2 option).

Cheers - Reuti