Re(2): [GE users] Yet another qdel mpich problem (SGE 6.0u1)

Vladimir Florinski vflorins at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 8 23:54:41 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 12:09, Reuti wrote:
> On Mit, 8. Sep 2004, Vladimir Florinski <vflorins at ucr.edu> wrote:
>
> ..
> >export MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no
> >
> >(my startup is a bash script), but it didn't fix the qdel problem. Is
> >this supposed to work with MPICH 1.2.5? Perhaps the version of MPICH
> >distributed by Myricom does not have this enabled...
>
> According to the Myrinet source it should work. Is this only set in the bash
> script, or also available on the slave nodes via a modified rsh-wrapper or a
> file which is sourced during a non-interactive login? The slave processes also
> have to have this set.
>
> CU - Reuti

I did in fact try to export this in startmpi.sh, but the result was the
same. As I wrote before, the qdel problem was solved by removing bash
from the process chain by modifying the mpich startup command in
mpirun.ch_gm.pl, as you suggested. I would also like to thank everyone
who responded.

--
Vladimir Florinski
Assistant Research Physicist