[GE users] DRMAA tutorial at GGF 12

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 9 13:48:58 BST 2004

Hi all,

please find under

   http://www.ggf.org/Meetings/GGF12/GGF12_Tutorials_b.htm

information on DRMAA tutorial held at GGF12 Sept. 21st,
9am-12:30pm.

Due to a GGF misfortune DRMAA tutorial was added quite
recently to GGF official tutorial program. As a result
we're now somewhat in hurry to get the minimum number of
participants registering for the tutorial until tomorrow ...

Our plan with the tutorial is have the deeper technical
lessons possibly not before break. Instead we'll strive
to leverage so-called essentials at first. The seconds
part then will merely be hands-on: It will cover Java, C and
scripting languages DRMAA bindings and a demo that will base
upon DRMAA binding of Condor resp. N1 Grid Engine.

Tutorial cancellation were a pity since DRMAA is actually the
first GGF standard that makes interoperability come true in
nowadays compute grid landscape.

Best regards,
Andreas

Sun Microsystems GmbH       |            ++49 +941 3075-131
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       |                N1 Grid Engine
D-93049 Regensburg/Germany  | System Engineering Group Lead