[GE users] Best method to upgrade from 5.2.x to 5.3p6?

Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com
Mon Sep 13 18:37:46 BST 2004

We are currently on 5.2.3.1 and want to upgrade to 5.3.p6.   What is the
best method to do this with least amount of disruption to the users and
jobs?  Our queues are very busy and it would be expensive to have them
down.   It could take hours/days to fully flush the queues of existing
jobs.

Are all the files in "default" path compatible?  Can I install a 5.3p6
version and simply copy over the default directory structure and restart?
Or do I need to reinstall all queues from scratch?