[GE users] Memory hard limit seems to be ignored on sge 5.3p5 version

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Sep 13 23:32:11 BST 2004

Can you just compile and try a small program:

int main()
{
    char *mypointer;
    long mycounter, totalsize;

    totalsize=1700 * 1024 * 1024;
    mypointer=(char *)malloc(totalsize);

    for(mycounter=0; mycounter < totalsize; mycounter++)
        *(mypointer + mycounter)=mycounter%256;

    return 0;
}

This should give really fast an error. - Reuti