[GE users] Best method to upgrade from 5.2.x to 5....

Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com
Tue Sep 14 22:32:32 BST 2004

> Why not upgrading to 6.0?

I'm always very nervous about upgrading to any ".0" release.  I'd rather
let the bugs shake out for awhile.  Is there anything fixed in 6.0 that
was a serious problem in 5.3p6?  I don't need the new features I've read
about.

> What about creating a new directory SGE...

I'm already doing this to test the new version, and it may be the way we
go.  However, its more complicated because we will have to manage a fixed
set of software licenses between the two installations until all are
running on the new one.

Thanks
Rod

Rod Rebello