[GE users] SGE 6.0 and 6.0u1 IA64 binaries

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 01:33:40 BST 2004

I compiled SGE6.0u1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 3,
which has gcc 3.4.1.

In order to compile clean, there are 2 places I needed
to change:

1) in aimk:1519
"... suppress gcc 3.3.x warnings"
expr `gcc -dumpversion` : 3.3

We should either fix the gcc warnings, or adjust the
code in aimk so that we check whether the version is
greater than 3.3.

2) in libs/evm/sge_event_master.c:2404

}while(!Master_Control.delivery_signaled&&!should_exit
&&(sge_get_gmt()-current_time>=EVENT_DELIVERY_INTERVAL_S));

"should_exit" is a function, but we do !should_exit,
which is basically doing a NOT of a function pointer!

Looks like a bug?

Other than the 2 complication problems mentioned
above, SGE6.0u1 works fine with "-spool-classic" and
"-no-secure" on IA64 Linux 2.4.x.

 -Ron

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDownloadList.

http://vote.yahoo.com