[GE users] Building sge-V60u1 on lx26-x86

David S. dgs at gs.washington.edu
Wed Sep 15 06:41:02 BST 2004

How has anyone built SGE 6u1 on x86 Linux 2.6?  I've tried it on
three different systems, and I never get past the "aimk depend"
step.  The build fails and dies in computing the dependencies
for "qmake".  From the output, it seems that "aimk" is trying,
and failing, to run 'automake' for that program:

   _________3_r_d_p_a_r_t_y__Q_M_A_K_E_______
   creating cache ./config.cache
   checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
   checking for working aclocal... found
   checking for working autoconf... found
   checking for working automake... found
   checking for working autoheader... found
   checking for working makeinfo... found
   checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
   checking for gcc... gcc
   checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O3 -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -DLINUX -DLINUX86 -DLINUX86_26 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGETHOSTBYNAME_R6 -DGETHOSTBYADDR_R8  -DHAS_IN_PORT_T -DLOAD_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/db4 -DTARGET_32BIT -DQCONF_FLATFILE  -DSPOOLING_dynamic -DENABLE_NGC -DSECURE -I/usr/include -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -DCOMPILE_DC -D__SGE_COMPILE_WITH_GETTEXT__  -D__SGE_NO_USERMAPPING__ ) works... no
   configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
   make: Makefile: No such file or directory
   make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile'.  Stop.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David S.