[GE users] changing the install script that it accepts a 2.6 kernel

Aaron Seligman aaron at ssc.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 16 02:53:41 BST 2004

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to change the binary install scripts so that they accept the 2.6 kernel?

Someone here said it was easy to do
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=18312&listName=users
But I am a newb and can't figure it out yet.

My install is looking for
lx26-x86
But I can only download
lx24-x86

I also plan on installing it on a
lx26-amd64

I am going to try recompiling from source
And hopefully a command like the one bellow will work
./mydist -allall lx26-amd64

But like I said I am a total newb and I most likely will run into some problems that I can't solve if I try to compile.

A side question? Is BerkeleyDB required for 6.0 or is it still optional.

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it.

Aaron Seligman
aaron at ssc.ucla.edu