[GE users] RE: changing the install script that it accepts a 2.6 kernel

Aaron Seligman aaron at ssc.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 16 05:10:41 BST 2004

Thanks Ron,

This is a elegant solution, I should have figured that out on my own.

I also found that util/arch is the script that returns the architecture values. I guess that could also be edited to return your desired value.

Thanks again!

- Aaron

--- Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Aaron Seligman <aaron at ssc.ucla.edu> wrote:
> My install is looking for lx26-x86
> But I can only download lx24-x86

You can create a symbolic link to lx24-x86, since the
binary for lx24-x86 works on Linux 2.6.

> But like I said I am a total newb and I most likely
> will run into some problems that I can't solve if I
> try to compile.

You need to have SSL and BDB installed on the build
machine.

> A side question? Is BerkeleyDB required for 6.0 or
> is it still optional.

If you compile from source, you can skip BDB and
OpenSSL by using the aimk flags: "-spool-classic" and
"-no-secure".

 -Ron