[GE users] priority and nice

BRINER Cedric work at infomaniak.ch
Thu Sep 16 08:33:32 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've scan the emails archive, and found it that it is not recommended to
use priority for nice.

so let me explain my case

I installed sge on a parc of 60 workstations. This are _workstation_
meaning that people use them to edit text, browse the web and do some
compilations work.

And some users will have to launch 400 tasks which will take about 20
hours each. And I'm wondering how to do to set the nice to 20 by sge so
the main user of the workstation where this tasks compute will not be
ennoyed because the workstation slow down.

Tell me if, this is the good solution, and if so how can I achieve this.

ThAnK you in advance

Cedric BRINER