[GE users] v6 upgrade question

Jason Crane Jason.Crane at mrsc.ucsf.edu
Sat Sep 18 16:31:46 BST 2004

Hi,
We are currently running sgeee v5.3p5 (unsupported) at our site and are
planning on upgrading to the supported N1 v6 grid engine, but would like to go
ahead and start testing with the open v6_u1 version.  Are the
installation and configuration of the supported and unsupported v6 grid
engines identical and will this be time well spent?  If the install/config
are significantly different, we will probably hold off until we obtain
the supported v6 product version.  Thanks in advance for any advice, Jason