[GE users] v6 upgrade question

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 00:33:53 BST 2004

The commercial and the opensource version of the v6
SGE package are mostly idential in terms of
installation and configuration, the main difference is
that the opensource version is in tar.gz format, while
the commercial version is in the Solaris package
format.

Also, the commercial version comes with the accounting
add-on tool.

You can have SGE 5.3 and SGE 6 running on the same
machine, as long as the TCP port you allocate for them
is different. May be running them in parallel is the
best way to see if you want SGE 6 or not.

 -Ron

http://vote.yahoo.com