[GE users] Default job arch

Wee Yeh Tan weeyeh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 08:23:35 BST 2004

Dear all,

We are starting to introduce Solaris into our SGE 5.3 environment that
currently only has glinux boxes.  We found that some of the jobs users
submitted went into the Solaris boxes and that won't run.

I am wondering if there is a way to specify a default architecture
(say "glinux") for submissions so that users will not put their jobs
into the Solaris queues unless they really wanted it.  Better yet, is
there a way to tweak this default behaviour to each submit host so if
a user submits from glinux, it gets into a glinux queue and so on.

Thanks.

--
Just me,
Wire ...

P.S.: I really do not want to force users to specify the arch complex.