[GE users] custom suspend method TSTP doesnt work for batch queues

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 22 18:12:17 BST 2004

> does this count as a 'bug' in version 5.3p4?  (the fact that a launched job
> doesn't get the SIGTSTP or other signals, not the lack of 'i' option)

It's definitly not a bug in SGE! The signal is created and delivered. But you
can ask the vendor of your software, to accept the SIGTSTP also when there is
only /dev/null connected to the stanadard input device.

> is the only solution to upgrade to 6.0?  (other than the not so clean
> redirect option?)

Sorry, yes! Also the latest version 5.3p6 doesn't have the "-i" option.

I don't understand, why the vendor of your software makes a differention between
the situation whether there is anything else connected to standard in besides
/dev/null or not.

Greetings - Reuti