[GE users] sge_qmaster heavy memory usage

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Sep 27 19:36:27 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:22, Don Shesnicky wrote:
>  I'm running 6.0 under redhat 7.2,  I have 10 sge_qmaster processes on my
> master
> taking up 1.6 gig of memory. I found a bug report about running with
> schedd_job_info
> turned off. Is that the solution here as well?
>
> They appear to be all related according to ps -jax. Output from commands
> listed
> below.

First off, all of the sge_qmaster 'processes' are actually threads, and
all the threads are using the same chunk of memory.   That means that
all the sge_qmaster processes together are using 160MB of RAM, not
1.6GB.

Yes, if you turn schedd_job_info to 'false' and restart your daemons,
they shouldn't take up as much memory.  You can also upgrade to 6.0u1
where that bug is fixed.