[GE users] sge_qmaster heavy memory usage

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Mon Sep 27 21:36:19 BST 2004

Good to hear that, 160 meg isn't that bad. What do I lose
by turning off schedd_job_info?

Don

-------

First off, all of the sge_qmaster 'processes' are actually threads, and
all the threads are using the same chunk of memory.   That means that
all the sge_qmaster processes together are using 160MB of RAM, not
1.6GB.

Yes, if you turn schedd_job_info to 'false' and restart your daemons,
they shouldn't take up as much memory.  You can also upgrade to 6.0u1
where that bug is fixed.