[GE users] Question on GridEngine (5.3 and 6.0) execution of user scripts using qsub on linux

Ranga Srinivasan ranga at bizrate.com
Tue Sep 28 23:11:53 BST 2004

Hi

I am new to Grid Engine and trying to see if we can use it for our daily
jobs.

I wrote a script called test1.sh that and is attached to this email. Also I
have attached the errors I am getting. To me it looks like the shell
(/bin/bash)is not executed. In this case I have only one machine and is
getting executed on the same box.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Ranga

My to be executed script looks like this

#!/bin/bash -x

GATHER_ROOT="/grid/schedule/Jobs/av/general"
JAVA_HOME="/usr/local/bin/java"
BIN_DIR="=/home/schedule/Jobs/av/bin"
INVENTORY_ROOT="=/pipeline_ro/merchfiles"

function usage
{
        echo "$1 [ -h -f -H <destination_dir> -t <date_time_stamp>] -m
<last_mid_digit>"
        echo "  h: help"
        echo "  m: the last digit of the mids to gather 0-9"
        echo "  t: the timestamp to use in format yymmdd_HHMM"
        echo "  f: Force override of the indexable filter (all indexed)"
                echo "  H: Root directory to store files to"
        exit 2
}

set -- `getopt hfm:t:H:C: $*`

if [ $? != 0 ]; then