[GE users] J2SE 5.0 now final!

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Sep 29 10:26:51 BST 2004

Hi,

it's not directly related to our Grid Engine project but I think it's
definitely worth to forward this announcement to our Grid community.

Cheers,
Andy

                         J2SE 5.0 now final!

In collaboration with partners in the Java community, utilizing the Java
Community Process (JCP), Sun announces the general availability (GA) of the
Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0. Both the JDK 5.0 and JRE 5.0 can be
download today. (url: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp).

Nearly six years ago Sun launched the initial release of J2SE (v 1.2). Two
and half years in development and fifteen component JSRs later, Sun
celebrates the release of the latest J2SE release, v 5.0.

J2SE 5.0 includes the first language updates in over nine years since the
inception of Java technology.  Many exciting enhancements for monitoring and
management, stability, performance and rich desktop clients can be found in
JDK 5.0 and the JRE 5.0.  Download and run it today:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp