[GE users] qsub and binary submissions

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Sep 29 16:44:44 BST 2004

	I'm trying to submit a binary to SGE 6, and it's working on the most basic
level, but I can't seem to get SGE to feed it the script I want the binary to
run.

	1. Binary program is "foo".  Syntax for submission is:

		foo bar fuss.cmd

	where bar is a binary file containing data, and fuss.cmd is a scripting file
which will perform actions on bar.  Something like feeding a program file to
awk, but this program doesn't have a "-f" flag  - you simply follow it with
the data and the script.

	2.   I'm submitting with:

	qsub -b y foo bar fuss.cmd

	3.  The result is that the program "foo" seems to run just fine, but
examining the out files shows that it doesn't appear to be getting the
fuss.cmd file - and possibly not the "bar" either.  Oh - I'm giving absolute
paths to everything, just to be safe.

	I'm having a hard time finding much documentation on submitting binaries in
v6 - and it works - but I just need a hand on how to get the whole "foo bar
fuss.cmd" to be sent at once.  Nope, quotes don't work...;)

	Thanks!

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighborhood.
		-- Louise Beal