[GE users] Piping stdin to app

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Sep 29 21:40:14 BST 2004

	OK - real question this time...:)

	I have incoming data in stdin and I want to pipe this to an app 'foo' as
data, as in:

	cat - | foo

	What I would like to do is pipe this data to qsub, which will redirect that
data flow to the app and submit it to grid.  This following example doesn't
work, but something like:

	qsub -b y cat - | foo

	I'm trying to avoid writing this data stream out to a tmp file then reading
it back in again later - they can get quite large.

	Is this possible?

	Thanks,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
"The student in question is performing minimally for his peer group and
is an emerging underachiever."