[GE users] Building SGE 6.0 on a Warewulf cluster

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Wed Sep 29 23:43:49 BST 2004

Hello,

   I'm going to build SGE 6.0 on a Warewulf (warewulf-cluster.org)
cluster. Warewulf uses PXE or Etherboot to boot the nodes and
send an image which is installed on a Ram drive on the nodes. The
ram drive is pretty small (about 40 Megs at max), so I'd like to
keep it that way. I'm still working through the SGE build instructions,
but does anyone want to offer some friendly advice for building
SGE?
   Oh, I forgot to mention that I can build SGE for Warewulf in a couple
of ways. I can build the complete setup and install it on the head node
and then build the compute node image from the head node but I need
to know exactly what I need to include on the compute nodes. The
second way is to build SGE on the head node and then build it and
include it in the image for the compute nodes. I'd like to stick to the
first method if possible. I'll just need to figure out what the minimum
components are for the compute nodes and include those in the image.

TIA!

Jeff