[GE users] -v VAR not working in 6U1

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu Sep 30 14:29:30 BST 2004

I vaguely remember this problem has been reported recently. I think the
source of the problem was the "-v VAR" is not interpreted correctly by qsub,
while "-v VAR=value" works.

I think a user even posted the fix.

About the assumption with the PATH variable you are right. PATH is a bad
candidate to be exported usually since the dot-file usually set and override
PATH.

Andy

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Göran Uddeborg wrote:
>
>> Is it only us who have problems with not "-v VAR" working at all in
>> 6U1?  That is, export a variable using the value from the
>> environment.  For example, running any of the examples from the man
>> page of qmake, where you are told to say "-v PATH".
>
> We see the same thing.
> I think it is the same issue as the environment being inherited from
> sge_execd (maybe).

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]