[GE users] trouble selecting specific instance queue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 30 16:55:03 BST 2004

> I also think that the current behaviour is not correct. -q specified at
> commandline has to replace previous specifications. Otherwise it won't be
> possible for the user to get rid of queues selected in the global/user
> sge_request file.

the only way would be to use -clear option, but then you lose all other already
set options as well. If you want to have both possibilities, there should be two
-q options (to replace or to supplement the default requests). Or a switch for
all options (like the -soft/-hard) in the way of -replace/-supplement.

Cheers - Reuti