[GE users] SUN ONE GRID ENGINE ?

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at Group-W-Inc.com
Fri Apr 1 14:19:46 BST 2005

Chakravarthi,

I am using grid engine to pool 17 Linux workstations and 1 Solaris
machine.  Some of the Linux machines are dual processor Xeons and look
like a 4 processor machine (using hyperthreading).  Some are single
processor Pentiums with hyper-threading to look like two processors.
The rest are single processor, no hyperthreading machines.

My memory sizes range from 512MB to 4 GB.  I even have one machine that
is Linux running on VMWare running on Windows XP.

So, grid engine does indeed network PC/workstations to form a pool of
resources.

Dan