[GE users] RE: Unable to contact qmaster

Chakravarthi_Mohan Chakravarthi_Mohan at satyam.com
Fri Apr 1 15:50:34 BST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Here I have one basic question, How does the executor knows whereabouts of
qmaster?

The qmaster is installed in "master_node"; in master node we have configured
the executor node's hostname. This host name is resolved through an entry in
"/etc/hosts" of master node. Hence I am able to ping both master and
executor node vice versa.

Again during the executor installation where to specify the master node's
Hostname, in order to make aware, that qmaster is installed in
"Master_node". So that executor installation identifies the qmaster and it
will be installed smoothly.

Question:

Are we missing any configuration during executor installation?

Or any more configurations has to be done during Master installation.

Kindly, clarify this.

Regards,
Chakravarthi