[GE users] adding all the nodes as submit host through the master

Anand S Bisen vmlinuz at abisen.com
Mon Apr 4 07:28:57 BST 2005

Hello,

I am in the process of customizing my Rocks cluster distribution and i
came across an issue. I need to be able to add all of my hosts (compute
nodes) as submit hosts. But when the node installs by deault it's
configured only as execution host. I can add them to submit host by
simply executing qconf -as hostname but i want to automate it such that
it is by default a submit host.

Since when a node joins the SGE environment and if there are jobs that
are already executing it starts processing and if it gets assigned to a
job that creates more jobs and submits them those jobs fails...

Also i want my nodes to automatically be assigned to a complex. Is there
any config file that i can change that will make the necessary changes
before the node reboots and joins the SGE environment. I am using SGEE
5.3.xx.

Thanks

Anand