[GE users] SGE+Kerberos support

Manel Euro euro_32 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:16:21 BST 2005

Hello,

I have been trying to install SGE with GSSAPI to forward Kerberos and AFS
Tokens. So far I have not been successfull.
I am following the instructions in
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=8441 (I
believe you also followed these).

On my first try I did the following:

1- download CVS
2- download comon and bin tar.gz from the site
2.1- mkdir -p /home/sge-6.0u3
3- cd /home/sge-6.0u3
4- tar-xvzf /downloads/sge-6.0u3-common.tar.gz
5- tar-xvzf /downloads/sge-6.0u3-bin-lx24-x86.tar.gz
6-  cd /GRID-CVS-SOURCE/gridengine/source
6.5- vi /GRID-CVS-SOURCE/gridengine/source/security/gss/sge_gsslib.c
6.5.1 - delete PROTOTYPE on line 81
7- JAVA_HOME=/usr/share/java; export JAVA_HOME
8- export SGE_ROOT=/home/sge-6.0u3
9- scripts/distinst -local -- sec
10 -  cd $SGE_ROOT/security/
11 - vi aimk
11.1 on line 50 add set KRB_HOME = /usr/local/kerberos5
11.2 on line 61 add set CFLAGS = "-DKRB5_EXPORTVAR"
11.3 on line 120 add set ARCH = "*linux"
12-  ./aimk -gss
Which fails with erros:
sge_gsslib.o: In function gsslib_put_credentials:
undefined reference to kg_get_context
sge_gsslib.o: In function put_creds_in_ccache:
undefined reference to kg_get_context

On the second try I replaced steps 2 to 5 with
vi aimk.site
  edit line 70 and add KRB_HOME=/usr/local/kerberos5
./aimk -only-depend
scripts/zerodepend
./aimk depend
./aimk -no-secure -spool-classic -no-qmon (-no-qmon because I got the error
related with files for Qmon)
./aimk -mankv
export SGE_ROOT=/home/sge-6.0u3
mkdir -p $SGE_ROOT
scripts/distinst -local -noexit -allall lx24-x86

I think I have followed correctly all steps in the previous link.
However, I am not able to compile.

Am I missing something?
I am installing on machines running RedHat 8.0.
I am using MIT krb5-1.4 .

Thank you,

Regards,
M.