[GE users] ptf complains: Job does not exist

Vijay Avarachen vavarachen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:20:47 BST 2005

Can someone please look at my job script and tell me what I am doing
wrong?  I keep getting the following error message on the compute
nodes:

04/05/2005 11:14:20|execd|node4|W|reaping job "22" ptf complains: Job
does not exist
04/05/2005 11:17:20|execd|node4|W|reaping job "23" ptf complains: Job
does not exist

Here is my job script:

#!/bin/csh
#Make sure that the .e and .o file arrive in the working dir
#$ -cwd
#Mege the standard out and standard error to one file
#$ -j y
#
#$ -S /bin/bash
#
set outfile=out.dat
set outdir=/working/abaqus/$JOB_ID
set TMPD=/working/$JOB_ID
if (! -e $TMPD ) mkdir -p $TMPD
if (! -e $outdir ) mkdir -p $outdir

set input=`pwd`/2d-5wave-rigid-dies.inp
echo Copying $input to $TMPD
cp $input $TMPD
echo Changing directory to $TMPD
cd $TMPD
ls -l

echo Start Abaqus
abq651 job=2d-5wave-rigid-dies cpus=2 interactive > $outfile

set st=$status
echo execution ended at `date` with status $st

if ( $st != 0 ) then
  echo exiting with bad status, look for files in $TMPD on `hostname`
  exit $st
endif
unset status

Thanks,
Vijay Avarachen

PS. I did a reinstall of the SGE using the official binaries.  These
jobs ran successfuly on my old install.

--
"Knowledge is the only wealth that grows as you spend it, and
diminishes as you save it."