[GE users] Changing number of slots or nice with calendar

Magnus Söderberg magnus.soderberg at switchcore.com
Wed Apr 6 13:56:30 BST 2005

Hej.
Timothy Bateman wrote:
> Hi Reuti,
>
> My scenario is exactly as you surmised. I want to switch desktop workstations in of an
> evening or change the number of slots on those mahcines from say one slot with a nice
> of 19 to two slots with nice 0.
>
> I have been able to enable a machines on an individual basis using the calendar so far,
> but I am more interested in changing slots or nice.

I need to change a complex, which to my knowledge can't be calenderized at all, so I've
set up a cron job on the qmaster to run qconf.
Qconf reads the configuration from 2 different files, one for nights/weekends and one for
daytime.
Might be an easier way than convincing SGE to do what you want.
It is OK to use other tools as well 8-)
> PS. is the protocol on the list to keep postings to the list or reply direct to an
> individual ?
Keep it on the list IMHO so others can benefit as well.

regards
--
Magnus Söderberg, M.Sc.E.E.
Staff Engineer