[GE users] Changing number of slots or nice with calendar

Stephan Grell stephan.grell at sun.com
Wed Apr 6 14:14:45 BST 2005

Hi Timothy,

you can do as Reuti suggested. Have one set of queues for the day and
another set for the night.
You can than configure each queue set to your needs (nice level, amount
of slots,...)

There is a possible problem, if you turn-off the day queues for the
night completely and turn on
the night queues. The length of a turn-on will be considered when a job
is dispatched. This means,
that a long running job will never run in a queue, which will soon be
disabled.

Though the safest  would be to enable the night queues in addition to
the day queues.

Just my 2cents.

Stephan