[GE users] adding all the nodes as submit host through the master

Thu Apr 7 08:36:11 BST 2005

Hello,

is there a reason why you are not upgrading to 6.0?

Anand S Bisen wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am in the process of customizing my Rocks cluster distribution and i
>came across an issue. I need to be able to add all of my hosts (compute
>nodes) as submit hosts. But when the node installs by deault it's
>configured only as execution host. I can add them to submit host by
>simply executing qconf -as hostname but i want to automate it such that
>it is by default a submit host.

I am not sure, but it could be, that the auto installation feature from 6.0
can help you with this.

>Since when a node joins the SGE environment and if there are jobs that
>are already executing it starts processing and if it gets assigned to a
>job that creates more jobs and submits them those jobs fails...
>
>Also i want my nodes to automatically be assigned to a complex. Is there
>any config file that i can change that will make the necessary changes
>before the node reboots and joins the SGE environment. I am using SGEE
>5.3.xx.

This can nicely be done via host groups and cluster queues in 6.0.

Cheers,
Stephan