[GE users] Newbie questions

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Apr 7 15:51:22 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 09:34 -0500, Schmitz Dale M Contr 20 IS/INPTG
wrote:
> Thanks, but I think I've worked through the basic stuff.  I'm able to
> launch our application (which is interactive) but it's still bound to
> one machine.

I suspect you haven't got the jobs starting on the exec hosts properly.

Try this test.
Look in $SGE_ROOT/examples and choose one of the example programs.
Lets' take sleeper.sh

Run  'qsub sleeper.sh 600'  several times - in fact as many times
as you have compute nodes.
Now do 'qstat -f' and we can see if the jobs are being run on all the
nodes.