[GE users] Upgrading/migrating from 5.3 to 6.0

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 8 07:54:51 BST 2005

Shane,

no pending jobs can't be converted by script and also the queues are not
transferable to 6.0 clusterqueues.
Usersets/Userlists, Hostlists (admin, submit, exec hosts) , Sharetree,
PE, Ckpt's, Calendar, Projects are transferred completely.

The complexes are also transferred, but some attributes have changed and
the upgrade procedure will translate
the old complexes into the 6.0 complexes, which requires a check (by
users) after the upgrade.

The cluster and scheduler configuration has changed from 5.3 to 6.0 and
the upgrade script will remove some
and add some parameters (set to default values).  Theses configuration
should be checked also!

The berkeley db is working on NFS4.

Regards,
Marco