[GE users] SGE6 does not backfill

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Mon Apr 11 11:09:25 BST 2005

> > update all binaries. u3 will not work together with u4. The database
> > did not change.

Reading README.BUILD, do I understand this correctly: I need to update NOT
ONLY the submit-host's SGE, but all exec hosts as well? This is a bit
problematic, since Rocks tends to reinstall them from scratch every once
in a while... Of course, that means I can safely test it on the nodes, but
a long term solution means packaging a Rocks roll and that will take a
while...

I'll suspend all our queues, but it'll take a couple of days for them to
drain. I'll install and test everything at that time.

                | Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |