[GE users] LSF vs SGE

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Mon Apr 11 12:59:49 BST 2005

Hello, it's early in the morning here as well, but I would add that,
unless I missed it in Chris' list of virtues, LSF seamlessly integrates
with AFS.  At the moment, given my limited brainpower and the
unavailability of the forge.c program, I'm at a loss as to how SGE works
with AFS, hence our users either have to start their programs outside of
their home directories (not necessarily a bad thing) or run MPICH2.

We have LSF on our other clusters/servers, but it's too expensive to put
on our OS X cluster (c'est la guerre!^)

More coffee please.

Paul
	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall