[GE users] Scripting help

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at Group-W-Inc.com
Mon Apr 11 14:47:40 BST 2005

Dale,

>From the name of your script, it looks like you are using the C shell.
Arguments should be available with standard C-shell syntax:

       $number
       ${number}
               Equivalent to `$argv[number]'.
       $*      Equivalent to `$argv', which is equivalent to `$argv[*]'.

 shift [variable]
               Without  arguments,  discards argv[1] and shifts the
members of
               argv to the left.  It is an error for argv not to be set
or  to
               have  less than one word as value.  With variable,
performs the
               same function on variable.

And so on.  Enter "man csh" to see the manual page.

Dan