[GE users] Scripting help

Schmitz Dale M Contr 20 IS/INPTG Dale.Schmitz at offutt.af.mil
Mon Apr 11 14:55:15 BST 2005

I've done that...and I still get the "Unknown option" error.

Originally, the whole thing went like this:  an application called a
script, vqcib, which contained the line:

<path>/vqcib.exe $*

...and away the job went.  Now with the grid engine, I can't merely
insert a qsub into that script because I can't qsub an executable.  So I
rewrote vqcib to read:

<path>/qsub <path>vqcib.csh $*

...and now vqcib.csh contains the line:

<path>/vqcib.exe $*

...but evidently something's getting lost in translation somewhere
because either the grid engine or the executable is returning an
"Unknown option" error, possibly meaning that vqcib.exe is not receiving
the full list of parameters or they've been corrupted somehow.  First
things first though: do I understand the qsub man page and grid engine
documentation enough to assume that my implementation should work, or am
I missing something?  Are there better ways to pass along parameters in
the grid engine?

Thanks,
Dale