[GE users] Scripting help

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Apr 11 15:08:07 BST 2005

Schmitz Dale M Contr 20 IS/INPTG wrote:
> I've done that...and I still get the "Unknown option" error.
>
> Originally, the whole thing went like this:  an application called a
> script, vqcib, which contained the line:
>
> <path>/vqcib.exe $*
>
> ...and away the job went.  Now with the grid engine, I can't merely
> insert a qsub into that script because I can't qsub an executable.  So I
> rewrote vqcib to read:

What is an:

echo $*

telling you in the script before the .exe call?

> <path>/qsub <path>vqcib.csh $*

I don't know the details, but did you gave additional parameters in the
original call to the .exe? And you just add them like:

<path>/qsub <path>vqcib.csh option1 option2

and they should go the script. And for this qsub you get the error?
Which SGE? Or is the error coming from the application? - Reuti