[GE users] build from src of 6.0u3 on Apple OS X Server (Tiger) release candidate - OK so far

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Apr 12 18:38:04 BST 2005

Binaries work fine with the exception that SSH clients get broken when
SGE 6.0u3 binaries are installed on my testbed system.

This also happens on current (up to date) Panther OS X servers and the
cause is SGE's init scripts setting up DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH which contains
incompatible libs for libcrypto* and libssl*

The ssh clients follow this path and then bomb out with the following error:

> inquiry:/common/sge root# ssh bioteam.net
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/bin/ssh
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: ssh requires version 0.9.7 or later, but libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib provides version 0.9.0
> Trace/BPT trap
> inquiry:/common/sge root#

Removing $SGE_ROOT/lib/darwin/libcrypto* and libssl* will fix this issue.

So as long as one does not need "csp" SGE (not sure if I named secure
mode correctly) all looks well.

-Chris

Rayson Ho wrote:

> Oh yes, OSX 10.4 will be released end of this month.
>
> But... do we really need to compile on 10.4. Any problems you encountered
> with the precompiled binaries when ran on 10.4??
>
> Rayson
>

>>Note: did this work on an old school G4 Apple Xserve. Will be recreating
>>build and install on a newer G5 Xserve shortly. I should also just try
>>the existing prebuilt binaries as well.

Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting
Office: 617-665-6088, Mobile: 617-877-5498, Fax: 425-699-0193
PGP KeyID: 83D4310E iChat/AIM: bioteamdag  Web: http://bioteam.net