[GE users] SGE6 does not backfill

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Apr 13 10:34:54 BST 2005

> Another problem surfaced, though:
>
> The parallel jobs NEVER run! They transfer to the exec hosts fine (go
> from state "qw" to state "t"), but the vanish without leaving a trace
> ANYWHERE! I can never see them in state "r". What's up here? Is some
> change in my config required?

Ok, this is the reason:

04/13/2005 12:30:49|qmaster|topaasi|W|job 259.1 failed on host compute-0-0.local in recognizing job
because: execd doesn't know this job

How do I fix it? It appears SOME parallel jobs work, but some do not.
Strange. I got two parallel jobs to run fine but the rest (some dozen or
so) did not. All of them gave this same error. (It's in
$SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/messages, by the way.)

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|