[GE users] AD integration of SGE users

Vijay Avarachen vavarachen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:26:34 BST 2005

Hello,
      I am in the process of setting up users, projects etc.  I read
the admin guide and it seems that the guide assumes the users are
local to the installation.  However I would like to avoid having to
create and maintain users on the SGE, when I am already doing this on
Active Dir.

All my Linux workstations and servers authenticate against AD using
PAM & Winbind.  Can I do the same for SGE?  In other words if I setup
all the machines involved in the cluster to join the AD and
authenticate users using AD, would I be able to add them as users in
SGE?  Has anyone tried this? What are the side effects if any?

Thank you,
Vijay Avarachen
--
"Knowledge is the only wealth that grows as you spend it, and
diminishes as you save it."